Thank you to everyone who participated in this contest! We were amazed by all the fascinating essays. We would like to announce our top three winners: Nora Schiltgen (1st), Callia Shih (2nd), Aaron Goldfield (3rd).
We invite 5th to 8th grade students to share their opinion about any STEM related topic by writing a short 500 word essay.
Dates: March 12 to May 14
Prompt: Write a short essay related to STEM about any topic that you are interested in!
How do you think STEM fields will change in the future? Will it be for the better, or worse? What do you want to see change in how we use technology? How do you envision STEM being used to solve current issues?
No grammar mistakes should be present, and the essay should use formal language.
2. Quality of evidence
Relevant evidence will be presented in a concise and effective manner.
3. Easy to understand
Essay should be digestable for everyone, including those not in the STEM field
4. Follows contest guidelines
1. The essay must be under 500 words.
2. Essay should display a clear opinion related to any STEM topic.
3. Research must be presented in a captivating way and support the argument.
4. Every student may only submit one piece, and multiple students may not submit the same one.
Submissions are now closed.